Monday, July 4, 2011

Doggie Bandana's

I made several doggie bandana's yesterday.  I enjoy experimenting with patterns.  Sometimes I'll stumble upon something that works and other times I don't.  Yesterday was no exception.  :)  Most of the ones I made ended up being too big for our little dog, Lola and too small for our bigger dog, Jack.  I finally ended up with one for each of them.  The others I'll pass along to my youngest daughter and my dad in hopes they'll fit one of their dogs.



I found this tutorial at Roses are Blue.  It is very quick and easy!  My kind of pattern.  :)  I probably could have made this one a little smaller.  Her collar is 11" long (include the buckle) and 1/2" wide.  My fabric piece was 7" x 8"


I used the same above pattern for this one and the 2 pictured below.  This fabric piece was 14" x 10".  

The 4 pictures below are from a pattern I came up with.  I'm not completely satisfied with it.  







This is just a basic banadana that I hemmed the edges instead of cutting with pinking shears.  I found the dimensions online.  You start with a square piece of fabic and cut it into 2 pieces diagonally.

Small:  14" square
Medium - 18" square
Large - 22" square
X-Large - 26" square


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww,sweet pups! I am following the blog hop at Haute Mom.
    QueenMarcy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Indiana Inker.